Avdel Blind Sealing Plugs
Rivetwise can supply you with the entire range of products from Stanley Engineered Fastening including the Avdel Blind Sealing Plugs.
Avseal blind sealing plugs are unique in the efficient sealing performance provided in both low- and high-pressure hole sealing applications.
This rapidly installed two-piece sealing plug improves quality and safety in demanding applications while simplifying hole preparation and installation, reducing assembly costs. Typical applications include engine blocks, transmissions, cylinders, brakes, gear box, pneumatic systems, hydraulic blocks, compressors, and pumps.
Avseal sealing plugs can be installed rapidly into blind holes and eliminate the need for tapping threads in the application. Pulling of the steel stem with a conventional Avdel® riveting tool expands the aluminium sleeve to securely seal blind holes having a normal drilled surface.
Avseal plugs seal fluids including water, coolant, and oils at high pressures.
The Avseal process is quicker, more reliable, requires no setting of torque, and provides significant cost saving versus conventional threaded plugs.
Many finish options are offered to ensure excellent corrosion resistance.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- Fully annealed sleeve yields high sealing performance.
- Improved seal and wider hole tolerance.
- Larger hole tolerance. Simplified hole alignment when automated placing is required.
- Internal lock. Flat nose tip and ease of use.
- Improved stem retention and increased vibration resistance.
- No locking ring formed by nose tip. Standard equipment reduces preventative maintenance.
- Tapered sleeve and stem allows ease of entry with standard tooling.
- Suited to automated systems, seal quality is not operator dependent
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include thin wall applications, restricted space, shorter hole length, high pressure applications, holes with large tolerance, and automotive low pressure applications.
- 4mm - 12mm in the high pressure version (Avseal 2961 series)
- 9mm - 16mm in the low pressure version, primarily for automotive applications (Avseal 2964 series)
- Low pressure version offers a reduced radial expansion force.