Avdel Chobert Speed Fasteners
Rivetwise can supply you with the entire range of products from Stanley Engineered Fastening including the Avdel Briv Speed Fasteners.
The Chobert speed fastener has a renowned history dating back to the 1930's when it was used in the famous World War II Spitfire single-seat fighter planes. With easy installation and lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivet techniques, the Chobert has remained a highly-used speed fastener because it provides a consistent controlled clamp, and is ideal for soft or brittle materials.
Available in various finishes, including the hot tin dipped brass option for ease of soldering and good electrical continuity.
Placement occurs using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly. The Chobert can also be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Internally tapered bore ensures consistent light clamp to reduce potential damage to soft or brittle materials.
- The light clamp makes it ideal for use as a pivot pin or hose tail.
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill.
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets.
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly.
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include automotive, electronic component, sheet metal, electrical engineering, injection molded components, switchgear, domestic appliance, and light fabrication.
- Sizes: 2.4mm to 6.4mm (3/32" to ¼")
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, steel, brass, nickel plated brass, and tin plated brass*
- Headform: Dome/mushroom and countersunk