Avdel Briv Speed Fasteners
Rivetwise can supply you with the entire range of products from Stanley Engineered Fastening including the Avdel Briv Speed Fasteners.
Briv speed fasteners feature a distinctive bulbed tail. The bulbed tail and foreshortening of the fastener during installation ensures a high joint clamp. The bulbed tail also works with the large headform to provide a large bearing area for soft materials.
With easy installation and lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivet techniques, this speed riveting system is extensively used for light fabrication. The Briv is ideal for assembling many materials including metal, plastic, and aluminum alloy.
Placement occurs using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly. The Briv can also be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
Available in various finishes and options, the hot tin dipped brass option is recommend for soldering and good electrical continuity, while stainless steel is often used in applications subject to high temperatures or corrosion.
- Bulbed tail and foreshortening of the fastener during installation ensures high clamp.
- Bulbed tail and large headform provide a large bearing area for soft materials.
- Tapered tail for ease of hole entry.
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill.
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets.
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly.
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment.
- Available as a customized design to meet your unique assembly requirements.
- Popular assembly applications include automotive, electronic components, sheet metal, electrical engineering, domestic appliances, furniture, and general light fabrication.
- Sizes: 2.4mm (3/32") to 6.0mm
- Materials: Aluminum alloy, steel, stainless steel, brass, and tin plated brass*
- Headforms: Dome/mushroom, countersunk