Avdel Avinox Stainless Steel Breakstem Rivet
The Avdel® Avinox stainless steel rivet offers a high-strength fastening solution ideal for thin sheet metals. This industrial fastener provides good corrosion resistance in applications subject to elevated temperatures.
The Avinox retained stem has a number of advantages including no damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
The stainless steel breakstem provides excellent bulbing tail formation and high shear and tensile strength.
Assembly applications include automotive, cabinets and enclosures, heating and ventilating, telecommunications, marine engineering, food processing, and medical equipment.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- High corrosion resistance.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good hole fill.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Ideal for applications requiring elevated temperatures.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted, or misaligned holes.
- Can stop movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration resistant joints.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.2mm to 4.8mm (1/8" to 3/16")
- Material: Stainless steel A2 and A4/316 Grade
- Headform: Dome