Avdel Avibulb High Strength Steel Breakstem Fasteners
High strength steel breakstem fasteners with excellent bulbing tail formation. Ideal for thin sheet materials. The Avdel® Avibulb also has the advantage of good hole fill compensating for irregular, oversized, or misaligned holes.
Suited for a wide range of general engineering applications. Avibulb is often used in automotive, electronics, and cabinet and enclosure assembly applications.
Available as a special version Earth Tab Rivet which combines a zinc plated and clear passivated steel Avibulb with a brass earthing tab.
- Non-structural breakstem rivet.
- Retained stem.
- Blind hole, one-sided installation capability.
- High shear and tensile strength.
- Good hole fill.
- Provides a large blind side bearing area against the rear sheet.
- Ideal for applications requiring elevated temperatures.
- Spreads the tail bearing load/clamp on the rear sheet.
- Ideal for use in thin sheet materials.
- Compensates for irregular, oversized, slotted, or misaligned holes.
- Can stop sheet movement in non-standard holes.
- Provides strong, vibration resistant joints.
- No damage, electrical problems, or rattling due to loose stems.
- Breakstem fasteners can be customized to meet unique assembly requirements.
- Sizes: 3.2mm (1/8") to 6.0mm
- Material: Steel, zinc & clear passivated
- Headform: Dome